_Magno20_
Owner

196 posts
42 reputation

IGN: _Magno20_
By _Magno20_ » about 1 month ago

Hello Village Crafters,

We Need a New Vortex Team Leader!

Please note: When becoming a team leader you will be given a special team leader rank during your reign. This rank will have the similar power as Titan. Including creative mode to build your base.

What are faction team leaders? 

Faction team leaders are the individuals selected in order to represent their faction as a whole. These faction leaders are given permission to lead their faction. Their role is to make their faction the best and strongest faction on the server! 

What do faction team leaders do?

Team leaders are responsible for organizing group events for their factions, building bases, and claiming land for their faction. These leaders will be recognized by their faction as the leader. Team leaders will promote friendly challenges to other factions, promote teamwork, and truly represent the faction. 

How long are you team leader for?

The staff team will have planned events for the election of faction team leaders. Depending on the leaders, the appeals may be sooner or later. For example, if a team leader is removed for breaking the rules, we may open up new appeals or select a runner-up from the last appeals; that is, if they would still like to be the faction team leader.

Is this a staff rank?

This is NOT a staff rank. You can apply for staff in the future, just like any other player. However, if you are elected as a faction team leader and you do well, it may help your chances to become a staff member on the Village Craft Network.

IMPORTANT!

This is a voluntary role; it is completely optional. At any time, the staff team can remove you from the position of faction team leader if we feel you are breaking the server rules. As a faction team leader, you must NOT claim, build bases, grief, attack and/or raid near OR in any land claimed by towns. This applies to ALL players as well. If at anytime you are confused, you can contact the staff team through discord or through the server chat. Leaders and their teams are allowed to battle, claim, greif and/or raid other teams bases. Targeting innocent players is not acceptable. Leaders are encouraged to persuade new players to join their team. Remember: switching teams is NOT allowed. You will NOT get any special privileges from the staff team.

Criteria:

You must have played on the server for more than 12 hours. To check the amount of time that you have played, type /ar times in chat.

You must be on discord! Click here to join: https://discord.gg/psypmZD

Please note: Punishment records that indicate bypassing the swear filter, targeting and upsetting players, and rule breaking may lower your chance to be selected for this position.

What we are looking for:

Active players that are respectful towards each other and are able to handle defeat maturely.

Positive players that understand how important it is to not to take PVP/griefing too far. 

Players that include everyone in their team fairly. 

Dates:
Application Open: Friday 10th August 2018
Application Close: Friday 17th August 2018
Winners Announces: Saturday 18th August 2018

Who selects the winner appeal:
Admins and higher will vote for the best candiate for the role.

You MUST include the following:

How to format your appeal:

What rank are you in the Towny Realm?

What faction/team are you currently in?

What do you think makes a good team leader?

How would you react if your team base was raided and griefed?

Please give us some additional information about yourself. Use complete sentences and be specific.

WINNER:

Congrats to InfinityFluffs​ who is now Vortex Leader!

Kind Regards,

_Magno20_

carysthecrafter

5 posts
2 reputation

IGN: carysthecrafter
By carysthecrafter » about 1 month ago
How exactly do we apply?

do we just type it here?

CARySheart

PlazmaKG
Head-Admin

5 posts
3 reputation

IGN: PlazmaKG
By PlazmaKG » about 1 month ago
carysthecrafter said: How exactly do we apply?

do we just type it here?
Yes, just answer the questions stated in the previous post!

FluffsAW

15 posts
8 reputation

IGN: FluffsAW
By FluffsAW » about 1 month ago

I am a titan right now.

I am currently in Team Vortex!

A good team leader keeps their team positive. Keep hope on the table.
A team leader makes sure that co-operative skills are being used.
A smart move for a team leader is to expand the team or faction.
 and making sure to speak of certain occasions. ( e.g read below )

Start to work on recovering from the grief. Make the base and security more stable.
( e.g. chest password more stable. )  ask for block inspect to figure who stole
said items. I would start working on the base and fixing the broken elements/parts of
the base. Make an agreement and get equipment back.

Please give us some additional information about yourself. Use complete sentences and be specific.
I've been working on my attitude, co-operation and skills with other people. I feel that i've done an okay job.
I love to build very very much. I've been shooting for community builder alot, I love to share my builds with
people. My absolute favorite thing to do on minecraft is build. I've had alot of experience, too.
I've made a giant doggosaur out of quartz before. I feel it turned out swell, but it got deleted.
( A doggosaur is something i made up, Its a dog and a dinosaur. )

This building experience ultimately prepares me for such occasions like griefing. I love designing banners.
This could show team pride. My many interests in the features of minecraft could prepare me for the job
of Team Vortex leader.
I have intentions to expand team vortex as much as I can. Team pride ( e.g banners, structures ) show
my capabilities of advertising Team Vortex and helping it grow.

Thank you very much for reading! 

- InfinityFluffs

As you can see, i've very willingly changed my name back to InfinityFluffs, and I hope I can start anew and become all of your friends!

carysthecrafter

5 posts
2 reputation

heartMy Appealheart

I am currently a titan rank in the towny realm of village craft.

I'm currently and have been for all the time I have been playing in vortex.

I think someone who actively plays and listens to everyones opinion makes a good team leader.
Team leaders also need to be asertive and born leaders to show everyone around them not only who's boss but who is there to listen and lend a helping hand.

I would probably first attempt to find who griefed it and then repair it to the best of my ability. I would also insure that the person doesn't do it again by upping the protection of the base and the players and items within.

My name is Carys and I am an active player of village craft. I currently have community builder and play often. Im in the town of legend ale as a co owner and enjoy playing as much as possible. The towny realm is often my happy place when I am down and I've made friends that have changed the way I look at myself in game and out. I am an adventurer and builder and am a little stubborn to everyone online but once people get to know me I guess I'm alright.

CARySheart

carysthecrafter

5 posts
2 reputation

I hope I did ok lol

CARySheart

_Magno20_
Owner

196 posts
42 reputation

IGN: _Magno20_
By _Magno20_ » about 1 month ago
carysthecrafter said: I hope I did ok lol
It's submitted! Good Luck! yes

Kind Regards,

_Magno20_

carysthecrafter

5 posts
2 reputation

frown

CARySheart

Fancycousin

1 posts
0 reputation

IGN: Fancycousin
By Fancycousin » about 1 month ago

At this present moment, I have Hero rank within the Towny Realm of the server!

The best one, of course! (Vortex ;) ) 

While this question remains highly objective, I believe a good team leader is somebody willing to make the experience of being in our faction and on our server something to look forward to every day. There has to exist an element of community in order for Vortex to succeed, and a good team leader has to excel in creating that a warm, inviting environment necessary. The team leader must also show fairness and respect to all who choose to be a part of Vortex, and to provide the tools and material necessary to ensure Vortex will continue to succeed. Finally, the team leader must keep good relations with the leaders of the other two factions, as well as the rest of the community, and find time to work together on key builds and projects that can further enhance the server and its charm, such as seen with the Mesetta.

As raiding and griefing is a part of the factions aspect of the server, I will react as expected: that it's a game and that it's nothing to be upset about. At the present moment, Vortex HQ has an excellent defence against potential aggression from the other two factions. However, should the team base end up falling victim to enemy motives, a team-wide effort would result in order to: diagnose the issues with our HQ, to find solutions to our errors, and to plan out our revenge to whichever team attacked. 

At the moment I'm a 20-year-old Political Science and Economics double major with an absolute knack for this game. I believe I first started playing Minecraft around 2011, where I got to have the pleasure of experiencing this game with all sorts of people all around the world on a variety of different servers. At some point, the game seemed to lose its charm, and I took a long break of about three years. I think the nostalgia, however, got to me, and sure enough, I found myself back on-- first with single player survival, then creative, before I finally went server-hunting and found Village Craft about a month or two ago. Since then, I've been fortunate to find a wonderful community to play on and be friends with, and I've gotten to enjoy the same feelings of building and exploring this game gave me many years back.

In the Towny Realm, I'm currently finishing up construction of my villa home, which has taken me the better part of this month to build and design to my standards. After the villa is complete, I plan to work on expanding the town I set up, Victus, and provide the server with an excellent city to explore: likely centred on Italian and Mediterranean architecture, with some elements sprinkled here and there. As a fun fact, this is the second time I'm using the name Victus for a city, and my fourth town overall! (the other three, if you're curious, were Victus, Sirium, and Antalya). I plan on eventually applying to become a community builder once I feel my efforts are sufficient, such that I can continue to build gorgeous structures and buildings, and to improve my building style.

Finally, I'd like to just say thank you for considering me as Team Leader for Team Vortex. I hope my strengths and beliefs will align heavily with the position, and that I'll be able to continue to provide a positive experience to the server.

Cheers, and have a good day!

- Fancycousin

carysthecrafter

5 posts
2 reputation

ok thats that I'm not gonna beat u fancy cousin ;-;

CARySheart